In crisis? Find out how you can get urgent support

If you need support urgently or outside of our working hours, please don’t hesitate to contact


Freephone their Veterans Support Hub for the military community on 0808 175 3075 (24/7) or email – to access confidential emotional support for feelings of distress, despair or suicidal thoughts.


A crisis text support service for people in the military community who are struggling and need immediate support to get through a crisis. Text CONTACT to 85258. #TextCONTACT85258

NHS 111

To access medical help fast but when it’s not a 999 emergency, telephone 111 (available 24 hours). To access information from the NHS on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living, visit the NHS website.


For urgent psychological support, please call 0800 1381619.


For urgent housing support, please call 0808 800 4444.

We can provide you with one-to-one support for many welfare issues, such as if 

  • You’re struggling with money 
  • You need help applying for benefits 
  • You can’t get around your home because of a disability 
  • You are finding it difficult getting the War Pension Scheme. 

If you're having problems talk to your Case Manager if you have one. Or, you can visit our Get help page. 

Sometimes there are other organisations better placed to help you

Here are links to other organisations who might be able to help you with information and support.  

Please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of information on another organisation’s website.

  • The Army Benevolent Fund, or the Soldier’s Charity, helps people who served in the Army with: independent living, elderly care, education, help finding a job, mental health, families and housing.
  • The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust provides financial assistance and support to Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel and their families. They can provide grants to help people with living expenses, house repairs, disability aids and more.
  • The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund provides lifelong support to serving and ex-serving RAF personnel and their families. They can help with mobility aids, counselling and financial grants.

You could also reach out to your regimental association for support.

  • Most Department of Work and Pensions centres have a veterans’ champion. They are mainly focused on helping people find employment, but they can signpost to other services.
  • The Veterans’ Gateway can put you in touch with organisations best placed to help you with a range of issues, including finances.
  • Veterans UK provides support for veterans and their families, including a helpline, welfare service, and an injury and bereavement compensation scheme.   

The above three services are part of the Ministry of Defence.

Benefits and income support advice

  • Visit the web page to apply for Universal Credit.
  • The Citizens Advice website provides information for veterans and families about benefits and concessions.

If you are a veteran, serving member of the Armed Forces community, if you worked alongside the UK military, or are a relative of any of the above, we are here for you.

Ask for help

Domestic abuse

  • The Home Office website can show you how to get help if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse.
  • The NHS website has a page about spotting the signs of domestic abuse and how to get help.
  • The Women’s Aid charity has information about how to cover your tracks online when searching for information about getting support from domestic violence.

Regional support


Northern Ireland


Housing support

  • Stoll is a charity that provides vulnerable veterans with affordable housing and support services.
  • Shelter has information for veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
  • The ACORN Tenants Union works to resist evictions and protect tenants’ rights.