In crisis? find out how you can get urgent support

If you need support urgently or outside of our working hours, please don’t hesitate to contact


Freephone 116 123 (24/7) or email – to access confidential emotional support for feelings of distress, despair or suicide thoughts.


A crisis text support service for people in the military community who are struggling and need immediate support to get through a crisis. Text CONTACT to 85258. #TextCONTACT85258

NHS 111

To access medical help fast but when it’s not a 999 emergency, telephone 111 (available 24 hours). To access information from the NHS on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living, visit the NHS website.


For urgent psychological support, please call 0800 1381619


For urgent housing support, please call 0808 800 4444

What is a Case Manager?  

Your case manager will be your point of contact throughout your journey and the link that ties all the threads together. 

With your Case Manager you will build a positive relationship that will help you to identify your strengths helping you build a strong long-term recovery. Your Case Manager is someone who will co-ordinate and provide support to you and will work with you to help you achieve your recovery goals. 

Your case manager will approach your case as an individual and will help you identify the things that you can do and support you with things you may be struggling with.   

We will help you navigate the support available to you by bringing together all areas of support available whether this is inside or outside of the Charity.

Keep in touch regularly (how often will be led by you and your needs) and work with you to support you to achieve your goals. 

Your Case Manager will also specifically provide welfare support, guidance, and advice where this is required and as part of a recovery plan (please see below for more information). 

Your Case Manager will aspire to ensure that you have a positive recovery journey. No matter what difficulties you may be facing at this moment, if you are eligible, then we will make every attempt to help and guide you. Different circumstances call for different approaches to case management? 

If you find it difficult to leave your home, when appropriate your case manager will be able to make other arrangements local to you.  For example, if you are a wheelchair user.   

What can a Help for Heroes Case Manager do for you? 

Our case Managers will stand next to you to support your ongoing recovery. We will help you understand your current support needs through an assessment of needs which will then lead to a plan for you going forward.   

This plan may include the following as identified support needs (this is not an exhaustive list as we can help with different many types of support), for example,  

Financial Support

  • Accessing grants  
  • Money Management including debt 
  • Benefits, (including Universal credit & PIP) guidance which can include appeals and support with completing applications 
  • War pensions & AFCS application and review support 
  • Emergency support i.e., accessing foodbanks/vouchers .


  • Moving home 
  • Rent areas guidance 
  • Council tax arrears 
  • Social housing guidance 
  • Adaptions/ suitable housing 
  • Homelessness.

Community involvement

Support with accessing your local community so you can become better connected to where you live which could include veteran specific breakfast clubs, veterans' hubs and similar events.



  • Pain management 
  • Mental health 
  • Physical health 
  • Community and wellbeing activities including adaptive sports. 


We have strong links with many other organisations including service charities, statutory agencies and other organisations that can also help you. We will support you in your own community and help you to join in where you live. 


We recognise that supporting families is equally as important as supporting the veterans, and our specialised Family Case Managers are dedicated to providing the level of support so that the family unit recovery as one.  By building the strengths around you and your this will support long term recovery.   

Our specialist Family Case Managers can also support any social services involvement.