Gift Aid


  • You must be a UK taxpayer. To Gift Aid, you must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities and Amateur Sports Clubs you give to will reclaim on your Gift Aid donations in the same tax year; this also applies if you pay tax on your savings, pension plan or investment income. Other taxes such as Council Tax and VAT do not count for this purpose.
  • You can only claim Gift Aid on a personal donation, not on behalf of a group, a public collection or on behalf of someone else.
  • You must complete a valid Gift Aid declaration

It is important that the wording contains all the information that HMRC requires, so you will find a pre-printed declaration on our donation envelopes and forms along with our sponsorship forms. 

To Gift Aid your donation:

We just need you to complete a Gift Aid declaration, which will cover your future donations and all the donations you have made for the past four years.

  • Make a single donation online and add Gift Aid.
  • Download the Donation and Gift Aid form and return to: Gift Aid, Help for Heroes, 14 Parkers Close, Downton Business Centre, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 3RB.
  • Call our Donations Team on 0300 303 9888.
  • Donation envelopes can be ordered through Supporter Care Team - call 0300 303 9888. These are a great way of obtaining declarations at weddings and dinner events.
  • The Sponsorship Form can be downloaded once you register your fundraising with our Events Team.

Please remember to let us know if you have changed your name or address, or your circumstances change, either by emailing or by calling 0300 303 9888

Provide a Gift Aid Declaration Now

Full Gift Aid FAQs

HMRC full Gift Aid explanation


You can change someone's life today

Big or small, every donation makes a difference to our wounded Servicemen and women and their loved ones.