- Any location
- £150.00 target
On your barks, get set...GO!
Looking for your next fundraising challenge? Our virtual challenge is adaptable for all abilities and you'll be raising life-changing funds for the Armed Forces community.
Participants are challenged to walk 80 miles with their dogs during the month of March. If you can do 3 miles a day you'll smash it! The funds you raise will help provide life-changing support to veterans and their families. The challenge officially starts on 1 March.
Amazing supporters like you have raised £150 in their previous virtual challenges, but why not go miles ahead of the rest? We are here to help every step of the way and can provide plenty of ideas and tips to help you smash that target.
This is your challenge, so you can do it any way you like. There's no pressure, take things at your own pace and do whatever feels comfortable.
Hannah is the owner of Hounds with Hannah, Dog Trainer and Canine Behaviourist and long term supporter of Help for Heroes.
"Help for Heroes has always been a charity close to my heart and over the years I have hosted many fundraisers and taken part in sponsored challenges. I have worked with many veterans, helping to train their dogs for service and well-behaved companions. It’s incredibly rewarding to see dogs giving people a new lease of life, giving them a reason to get up in a morning and to get out and about."
Hannah's Top Tips for the 80 Mile Dog Walk Challenge
We asked Hannah for some tips on how to take on the 80 miles with our dog:
- To get the most out of this challenge, I would break the total 80 miles down into smaller chunks, be that weekly or daily totals, whatever works for you.
- Create a big chart for your front door that you can tick off every time you come back from a walk.
- When you go out with your dog, switch off from everything, put your phone on silent in your pocket and enjoy being out.
- Watch your dog, see what they do. Where do they want to walk? What do they choose to sniff or look at?
- As well as using the challenge to raise lots of money for the Armed Forces community you could set your own challenges throughout, maybe aim to go to a new place, or take a new route or do your usual route backwards.
GET IN TOUCH
The team is on hand to answer all your questions from Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. Whether you’re after event specifics or fundraising advice, we’d love to hear from you.