Keep an eye on these symptoms if you drink regularly and, if any start to seem familiar, it may be worth chatting to Hidden Wounds to make sure your relationship with alcohol stays healthy.
- Increased worrying and unhelpful thoughts
- Memory and concentration difficulties
- Thoughts of jealousy, suspicion or even paranoia
- A hangover: dehydration, vomiting or nausea and headaches
- Withdrawal symptoms if you stop including: shaking and sweating, nausea and restlessness
- Weight increase or loss
- Alcohol is toxic to all the main organs and body systems, which can cause many health problems from ulcers to cancer
- Being more argumentative, abusive or violent
- Spending money you may not have on alcohol
- At work: missing deadlines, lateness, sickness and absence
- More risk-taking leading to accidents
- Becoming more avoidant or indifferent to things around you
- Becoming secretive about the amount you are drinking
- Increases the likelihood of experiencing depression or anxiety
- Leads to feeling irritable or angry
If you’re worried about your drinking, Hidden Wounds can help. Contact the team today for free and confidential support.
Tel: 0808 2020 144 or click here and the team will get back to you.