- Read the updates from the South
- Read the updates from the East
- Read the updates from the North
- Read the National Update
South West | Shirley's update
This month it’s been all about the baking in the South West. We held a Bake for Heroes event in the Plymouth Recovery Centre at Veteran’s Friday on 28 April. Students from Saltash College in Cornwall very kindly made and donated some amazing cakes for us to sell, even though it was their exam week!
Sales were also boosted with some gorgeous cakes made by our veterans too!
Some of us couldn’t resist the cupcakes!
We also had a fabulous day at Saltash College on Wednesday 10 May making and decorating cakes for a bit of competition fun. Band of Sisters showed off their skills by designing their own cake and with the help of the lovely students, produced eye catching and tasty cakes of all sizes and flavours including cherry flavour, lemon and chocolate.
“Thank you so much for such a great day, I’ve had so much fun and met some lovely Band of Sisters today.” (Band of Sister).
Lizzie’s cake was judged “best in show” It was a fabulous Help for Heroes design covered in fresh strawberries sprayed silver and topped off with hero bears!
- Outreach and get together in Redruth on Wednesday 31 May.
- Band of Sisters and children meet up with a picnic and play in the park in Saltram Park, Plymouth on Thursday 1 June.
- Band of Brothers and Sisters Green Woodworking in North Somerset at Tyntesfield House, Wraxhall on Wednesday 7 June.
- Outreach and get together in Torrington, North Devon Thursday 8 June.
- Outreach and get together in Taunton, Somerset on Thursday 22 June.
- Outreach and get together in Liskeard, Cornwall Thursday 29 June.
Wales | Ruth's update
The past month has been a busy one in Wales. We now have an office base in Wales, and the team are combining efforts in making some very exiting plans for what is to come!
We have been working extremely hard behind the scenes organising future events, sporting activities and attending lots of meetings to insure that you lovely bunch are happy and smiling.
You are all more than welcome to come into the office and meet us. If you wish to do so please contact me on email@example.com it would be lovely to see you.
What else has happened in May?We attended an amazing Ice Hockey event where the whole family and friends were able to attend! The atmosphere was electric, I have never seen so many flushed faces from all the excitement and fights on the Ice. It was requested that we attend the play-offs after the glorious win, well you guys got your wish! We have been offered tickets to attend, so please keep an eye on your offers as we will have a date very shortly.
We also had our trip to Rhondda Heritage Park on “The Black Gold” experience, where everyone donned miners helmets, grabbed a torch and were amazed at how rich the welsh mining history is. There was also a picnic in the park to tire all the kiddies out before home time (did I mention the grownups can just relax and enjoy each other’s company. No? That’s a good thing then as the “grown-ups” were more energetic than the kids!) Phew what a day!
What’s happening next month?
- Tea & Toast.
- Respite Day for Carers Week.
- Coffee in a vintage style café.
- We also have armed forces day in Caerphilly to look forward too.