Alex's update | Northern Ireland
October was a jam-packed month, with a visit to Phoenix House for the national BoB/BoS team training, various meetings and some lovely outings.
The photography group continue to enjoy Thursday gatherings, having visited Antrim Castle Gardens and the National Trust Patterson’s Spade Mill and attended a talk from renowned outdoor photographer, Thomas Heaton.
We also had our 2nd Arts and Crafts session, where we decorated candles and a few of us learnt how to knit. These evenings are really good fun and relaxing, and I would encourage you all to give it a go.
On 23 October, fourteen of us had a behind-the-scenes look at the Kingspan Rugby Stadium, which is home to Ulster Rugby. The grounds are really impressive, and it was lovely to finish the day off with a hot chocolate.
We had another gathering in Portadown on 25 October: a lovely opportunity to catch up with some familiar faces.
With the countdown to Christmas on, I am in full prep mode for our local festivities so please keep an eye out for these details.
Gerry's Update | Scotland
Meet and Greets
In October there were Meet and Greets in Falkirk, Kirkcaldy, Dumfries, Edinburgh and Aberdeen – a fantastic way to meet up with BoB/BoS to meet new friends and catch up! They were well attended and great way to have a chat and a laugh with other fellowship members. It was a good opportunity to find out info, ask questions and get support.
Monthly Drop-In Clinics
The new Monthly Drop-In Clinics have been going very well in The Coming Home Centre, Glasgow on the last Friday of each month and in The Lothian Veterans Centre on the first Thursday of each month. The Drop-Ins are a great opportunity to come along and see me to discuss any support issues or get information or if you fancy just popping in for a chat and saying hello. There will be a smile and a cup of tea or coffee!
What's coming up this month:
- Meet and Greet in Dundee, The McManus, Dundee’s Art Gallery & Museum, Dundee, 10 November 1000–1200
- Mobilize Movement and Mindfulness Clinic and Studio Session, Ergotronics Studio, Bridge of Allan, Stirling, 16 November 1400– 1700
- BoB/BoS Crafts Workshop Day, The Linburn Centre, (Scottish War Blinded), Wilkieston, Lothian, 18 November, 1000-1500
- Meet and Greet in Dunfermline, venue to be confirmed, 22 November, 1000–1200
- Monthly Drop-In Clinic, The Coming Home Centre, Govan, Glasgow, 24 November, 1000–1200
- Meet and Greet in Prestwick, The Carlton Hotel, Prestwick, 28 November, 1030–1230
- Christmas Lunch - Highlands The Old Mill Inn, Brodie, Near Forres, 5 December, 12000–1500
- Meet and Greet in Kirkcaldy Museum, Library and Art Galleries, Kirkcaldy, 6 December, 6000–1200
- Monthly Drop-In Clinic, Lothian Veterans Centre, Dalkeith, 7 December, 1000–1200
- Mobilize Movement and Mindfulness Clinic and Studio Session, Ergotronics Studio, Bridge of Allan, Stirling, 14 December, 1400–1700
update | North EastHarriet's
We finished off our 6 weeks of green wood working in Sheffield with real success. Even if it was just one session or four, everyone could take something away with them.
We had our final respite weekend of the Year in October, everyone had a wonderful weekend with a number of different sessions from felting, chocolate making and massage. These weekends are a really great way of meeting other BoS within the fellowship so when the next one is advertised don’t forget to sign yourself up.
To finish off the month of October we had our Halloween spectacular and that’s exactly what is was. We had some fantastic pumpkin designs and fabulous face painting.
What’s coming up this month:
- Coffee morning, RHRC Phoenix House, 15 November
- Halifax get together, TBC, 22 November
- Doncaster get together, TBC, 23 November
update | North WestKevin's
It was a great month in October catching up with so many of you. We are breaking into new areas of the North West every month, looking at new ideas to create a better fellowship. Our North West fellowship is growing each and every month because you are telling Veterans about how Help for Heroes has supported you and, of course, the great opportunities some of you are benefiting from. Thank you, it really means a lot.
- Please can you check your H4H portal that your phone numbers are up to date?
- Please store my number in your phone – 07815 506468 if you need any support.
Good luck on future offers. I am passionate about getting as many people from the North West BoB/BoS onto events or courses.
What’s coming up this month:
- Manchester Drop in Clinic (appt only), Manchester, 13 November
- Liverpool Mett and Greet, 14 November
- Conway Drop in Clinic (appt only), 15 November
- Preston Drop in Clinic (appt only), 20 November
- Liverpool Drop in Clinic (appt only), 28 November
If you need any more information or to sign up to any of the forthcoming events, please email me.