- Read the updates from the South
- Read the updates from the North
- Read the updates from the West
- Read the National Update
East | Abbie's update
As mentioned in last month’s newsletter we are still recruiting for a new Band of Brothers/Sisters Coordinator in the East. Please bear with us whilst we continue with this recruitment.
What’s coming up in August:
- BoB/BoS Summer BBQ: plenty for the children and adults to get involved in. A great way to meet new faces and catch up with old friends. Chavasse VC House, 7 August.
- BoB/BoS Norfolk get-together: a great way to meet new faces and catch up with old friends. Location TBC 22 August.
- Essex Wildlife Trust: starting work on the Hope on the Horizon Garden. Come and get involved in developing the garden at Chavasse VC House and enjoy the benefits of working with nature and in the outdoors Chavasse VC House 23 August.
- Psychological Education Workshop: an informative two days for family members struggling with their loved ones mental health. Chavasse VC House 30-31 August.
Midlands | Alan's update
I hope you have all had a great July. The first part of the kids’ school summer holidays have gone well and for those heading off on holiday, have fun!
It has been a little quiet in the region with me taking two weeks leave but back now and looking to set some events up that might help entertain the kids in the later stages of those very same school holidays.
During July we had the last of our five pamper days with the Midlands Massage and Beauty School which proved to be very popular - just look at the smile on Mrs Cottam’s face as the medicinal powers of a pedicure kick in!
We also had two car-based events with Motor Madness at Bruntingthorpe, and Dub Fusion taking place for the speed and car freaks amongst you. The former is set to be an annual event and we will be back there next year all being well. Early notice also for this year’s annual track day at Donnington with our friends at Mission Motorsport. Mark Friday 8 December in your diaries if you feel the need for more speed!
We have also had more brilliant offers from The Birmingham Hippodrome, and thanks again to all of you who have purchased your tickets for this year’s Black Tie Ball on Saturday 28 October. There are still a handful left so be quick if you want to attend. First come, first served.
And so to August. As mentioned earlier I will be looking to run events with the kids in mind as it is the school holidays. Parents – I feel your pain. I will try and ensure I have some offers out to you during the first week of August, so keep an eye out and hope to see loads of you out and about in the next few weeks!Back to Bandstand