At Help for Heroes we are passionate about working with other charities to avoid duplication and to work together for a greater end result – to support more individuals!
One of the charities we are hugely proud to support is the Not Forgotten Association (NFA) who provide entertainment, leisure and recreation opportunities for our heroes. This week we received a report from the NFA to let us know just how your fundraising has been helping.
Thanks to your support, the NFA have been able to help 982 individuals in the last six months!
This has included;
- 61 individuals who got to go for a day out at Brands Hatch
- 54 individuals who enjoyed a two night respite break at the Union Jack Hotel in London
- 41 individuals from Headley Court who got to break up their rehab routine with a night out for dinner and drinks
- 31 individuals who took part in a surfing break to Cornwall
- 22 individuals who enjoyed a day out at Ascot with an overnight stay
- 14 individuals who took to the slopes in France for a week’s adaptive skiing
The NFA have received some brilliant feedback from individuals and wanted to share this one in particular from a recent RAF Veteran;
“I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all. Without your efforts and support my life would be very different. You came along at a low point when things looked bleak, you gave me back a need to keep fighting, a sense I wasn’t alone in the dark, you gave me new friends who understood when others had walked away. You found me when I felt forgotten and for that I can never truly repay you but I will try. I know I speak for everyone you help in saying your work is lifesaving.”
You can read more about the grant support Help for Heroes gives to the Not Forgotten Association at: http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/how-we-help/supporting-other-charities/veterans/not-forgotten-association/