London & South East Updates
This month I was lucky enough to join a large group of you on the Thames River Cruise. We started at Westminster and travelled all the way down to Greenwich, I think we can all say the sights were amazing, all washed down with some delicious curry. It was great to catch up with familiar faces and meet some new ones!
What an amazing day we had at Manze’s Pie and Mash in Tower Bridge! We started the day with traditional pie, mash and liquor…. And the brave few sampled the jellied eels! The pies were really lovely as was the company and conversation, which led us to a pub nearby to natter over a drink. Needless to say, it was so enjoyable that I will get another date in the diary for it soon.
5 lucky BoB and BoS had an opportunity to make some candles on the beautiful venue of the National Trust Hughenden Manor in Buckinghamshire. An expert was on hand to show us how it’s done before we tried our hand at making a masterpiece; looks like he has some competition!
Thursday 17 November saw Surrey’s best bowlers hit the town of Woking. Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit, but we did have a really good time getting pretty low scores! I hope to see all who came at the next one accompanied by some new faces!
What's coming up?
The most wonderful time of the year! Not long till the big day now, and we are aiming to make your lead up to it, as enjoyable as possible. If you are interested in any of the dates below, then please get in touch with Adrianna on Adrianna.email@example.com or 07779 430005.
- Friday 2 December - Christmas Glow walk at RHS Wisely
- Wednesday 7 December - A tour of Canterbury Cathedral with carollers and cuppa
- Saturday 10 December - Child friendly Christmas party in Reading (a chance to let the kids run riot while you enjoy meeting other BoB & BoS)
- Tuesday 13 December - Tea and mince pie get together in the gorgeous Alexander Hotel Sussex
- Thursday 15 December - Christmas get together in the London Office
South Central Updates
Where has November gone to? It is now almost December and not a single present bought!
On Friday 2 November I spent the afternoon at The Royal Maritime Club in Portsmouth. The first Wednesday of the month is the Veterans Outreach Support (VOS) drop in afternoon at the club and Help for Heroes will be present on a regular basis from now on. Please do come and see us and have a chat.
We had a very informative Mental Health information day for some of our BoS last week. I know those that came found it very useful and it is something that we will be doing more of in the New Year. Please do contact me if you would be interested in attending.
The Shooting for Heroes team are visiting the Bridgewater wildfowling club next week and will spend the day on the foreshore learning how to build hides and place decoys.
What's coming up?
- Thursday 1 December - Street in Somerset outreach coffee morning Café Mattia in Clarks Village
- Thursday 8 December – outreach coffee morning in Redruth Cornwall venue TBC
- Tuesday 13 December – outreach coffee morning at Falmouth Turn to Starboard TBC
- Wednesday 14 December – outreach coffee morning at No8 café
- Tuesday 20 December - BoB/BoS and families Christmas lunch with Santa and children’s entertainer at Elliot’s Penthouse Restaurant in Holiday Inn Plymouth
BACK TO BANDSTAND