1. Catch of the Day - For all you fishing fanatics out there, run a fishing day and/or competition to see who can get the “Catch of the day”. Charge a fee to enter and offer up a prize for the winner.
2. Cycling event: get some friends and family together for a bike ride or big walk in your local area. Ask for a donation to join in and all you need to do is plan the route and have a great day out!
3. Beach/Park Clean Up – Provide volunteers with bags and gloves and they get sponsored for every half hour spent cleaning up.
4. Treasure Hunt: Make up a treasure hunt around your local area, encourage teams to pay to enter and offer up a nice prize for the winner who completes the hunt and finds the treasure first! With original clues this is a good fun afternoon out for all the family. This can be done on foot, on bikes or even by car if you want to venture further afield.
5. Cow Pie Bingo: Pin the tail on the donkey for country folk! Ask a farmer for some land and a cow – draw up a grid, ask people to donate to choose a grid. Put the cow in the field and see where it drops a cow pie. The person who correctly identifies the square gets a prize!
6. Safari Suppers: Engage with your entire neighbourhood on a safari supper where you move from house to house - with the hosts at each house providing a different course (e.g. drinks, starter, main course, pudding etc). Run a raffle alongside it, this is not only a profitable way of raising money but also a great way to spread the word about what you are doing!
7. Supermarket sweep: contact your local supermarket to organise a day collecting outside the store. If you bring a turbo-trainer along you will be surprised and amazed how much can be collected in one day!