Tin Foiled Barbecue Trout
Recipe donated by ‘Bibendum PLB Group, who produce our Wine for Heroes’
Equivalents for one portion
1 trout, head removed, gutted and cleaned
¼ glass of Help for Heroes Sauvignon Blanc
½ red pepper
½ bulb of fennel
1 tsp capers
Handful of dill (diced)
1 knob of butter
1 squeeze of fresh lime
Drizzle of olive oil
1. Dice the shallot and cut the pepper and fennel into slices, fry for 4–5 minutes on a medium heat.
2. Take a baking dish big enough to comfortably sit the trout in and line with tin foil (including up the sides)
3. Place trout on tin foil and add the wine and all the other ingredients into and onto the fish.
4. Place another layer of tinfoil on top of this and seal all edges tightly.
5. Place on the barbecue carefully and leave for 20 minutes, the way to make sure the fish is cooked is to check the meat flakes away easily.