Red Wine Venison Steak Marinade
Recipe donated by ‘Bibendum PLB Group, who produce our Wine for Heroes’
Equivalents for one portion
1 venison steak
½ glass of Help for Heroes Shiraz
1 shallot diced
1 clove of garlic diced
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp English mustard
1 tsp Allspice
Good slug of olive oil
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
Pinch of sea salt
Decent grind of black pepper
1. Take the venison steak and place in a large glass bowl.
2. Rub the steak with the English mustard and season with salt and black pepper.
3. Simply add all the other ingredients to the bowl and allow to marinate - ideally overnight in the fridge.
4. Take the steak out of the marinade and pat dry with paper towels, return the marinade to the fridge.
5. Cook the steak on the barbeque to your liking; allow to stand for five minutes before serving.
6. Finally, save the marinade to use as gravy but make sure to bring the sauce to a full boil for 2 minutes before leaving to simmer.