Fish Parcel with Salsa Picante
Recipe provided by Sam Rom, The Blagdon Inn Taunton
500g cooked new potatoes
400ml white wine (frozen into ice cubes)
300g sliced runner beans
Handful chopped parsley
5 fish fillets 150g each
5 sheets tin foil 40cm x 40cm
5 sheets grease proof paper 40cm x 40cm
2 chillies finely sliced
70ml olive oil
Finely sliced garlic
1. Layout 5 sheets of foil, dab with oil and lay a sheet of grease proof paper on each sheet of foil.
2. Place the cooked new potatoes into the centre of each sheet, then place the frozen white wine on the potatoes. Next lay the sliced runner beans on the potatoes and ice cubes; this will create a platform to place the fish on.
3. Carefully fold over the foil and seal tight, leaving a bit of air for the wine to steam.
4. You should be left with a neat ‘ish’ foil parcel, which is important to keep the right way round. The potato base needs to hit the BBQ. Otherwise you’ll be in danger of over cooking your fish.
5. The parcel will puff up tight once it is cooked which could take around 10-15 minutes.
6. In the meantime prepare the salsa. Finely slice the tomatoes and remove the middles. Then mix with the basil, sliced chilli, lemon zest, olive oil and garlic.
7. To finish off the parcel top it off with some salsa picante.