CEDAR PLANK SALMON
Preparation time: 15 – 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes (depending on heat source and equipment)
1 large salmon fillet with skin, about 1.3 kg
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp sesame oil, dark
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
BBQ Type: Closed Grill
Lid Required: Yes
1 piece untreated Cedar plank, submerged in water for 1 – 2 hours
1. Mix all ingredients, except the fish, in a small bowl.
2. Place the salmon, skin side down, on a large cutting board. Remove any pin bones from the salmon. Cut the salmon in half lengthwise but do not cut through the skin. Then cut the salmon crosswise to make 8 servings, but again do not cut through the skin.
3. Brush the glaze over the salmon flesh also brush some glaze between the individual servings. Season the top with salt and pepper.
4. Place the soaked plank over direct medium heat and close the lid. After a while when smoke starts to escape, place the salmon, skin side down onto the plank. Close the lid and let the salmon cook until lightly browned on the surface and opaque all the way through the flesh, about 25 minutes.
5. Using oven gloves carefully remove the plank with the salmon from the grill and lay down on a heatproof surface. Pick up individual servings by sliding a spatula between the skin and the flesh.