LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
Recipe provided by Dean Edwards from ITV's Lorraine Show
110g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
140g self raising flour
2 free range organic eggs, beaten
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp lemon curd
Juice 1 lemon
2 tbsp caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180c / gas mark 4 / fan 160c
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add lemon zest, eggs and then fold in sifted flour, mix until fully combined.
4. Then fold through the curd.
5. Pour into a greased 1kg baking tin.
6. Bake for around 1 hour.
7. Remove from the oven and prick the cake all over with a skewer.
8. Meanwhile mix lemon juice and sugar and pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
9. Leave to cool before serving.