Recipe provided by Barbara Keen our County Coordinator for Cumbria
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 1 cake, approximately 12 slices
4 oz honey
2 oz butter
2 oz sultanas
4 oz self-rising flour
3 oz currants
1. Cream butter and honey together until fluffy.
2. Beat the egg well and add alternately with the sifted flour. Add fruit slowly.
3. Once mixed bake in a shallow lined tin for 30mins at 375F 190C.
4. To make the glaze: Put 2 teaspoons of honey and a spoonful of water into a bowl and briefly heat in the microwave.
5. Spoon onto the cake. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar. Eat cold.