Recipe provided by Bake for Heroes Ambassador James Tanner
125g good-quality dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
125g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra for greasing
4 free-range eggs
75g caster sugar
50g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until combined then leave to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
3. Lightly butter and flour 6 x 200ml pudding basins or dariole moulds.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and pale and doubled in volume.
5. Fold the egg mixture into the cooled chocolate. Sift in the flour and, using a large metal spoon, fold until combined.
6. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the prepared basins or moulds and bake for 8–9 minutes until risen; the key is to have a runny centre.
7. Loosen around each fondant with a knife and carefully turn out onto serving plates with a dollop of whipped cream.