Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe provided by Bake for Heroes Ambassador James Tanner
110g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
50g caster sugar
50g soft brown sugar
1 free-range egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
½ tsp baking soda
175g semi-sweet or plain chocolate chips
20g chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly butter a baking sheet or tray.
2. Beat the butter and both types of sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy.
3. Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. In a smaller bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together. Gradually add this to the sugar and egg mixture and beat until smooth.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
6. Spoon a tablespoon (or teaspoon if making smaller cookies) of the mixture at well-spaced intervals on to the prepared baking sheet or tray.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes until golden. Leave to cool slightly then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. You can use this as a base recipe it doesn’t have to be chocolate chip you can use various ingredients, pecans, hazelnuts, m and m and so on!