CHOCOLATE AND CHERRY CAKE
Recipe provided by Bake for Heroes Ambassador, James Tanner
150g dark chocolate
140g milk chocolate
160g unsalted butter
3 free range eggs
165g castor sugar
85g soft flour
150g black cherries
50ml cherry liquor
cocoa powder for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Line a 12 inch springform cake tin with parchment paper.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted mix chocolate and butter together.
4. De-seed the cherries and cut in half. Soak in the cherry liquor.
5. Using an electric whisk, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and doubled in size.
6. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture, when fully incorporated fold in the sifted flour.
7. Fold in the cherries and the liquor to the chocolate mixture.
8. Pour into the lined tin and smooth over the top so the mixture is even.
9. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
10. Leave to cool on a wire rack dust with cocoa powder and serve at room temperature with whipped cream.