Cake Sale Photo Competition
1. These terms and conditions are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the description of the Competition (the Competition Description) shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Description and the Rules, the Rules shall prevail.
2. The Rules apply to the Colossal Cake Sale Photo Competition (the Competition) and by entering the Competition; you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3. The prize for the competition is a hamper of products made or supplied by Napier Brown a division of Renshawnapier Ltd (the Prize).
4. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect and that the cake shown in your photograph was made in its entirety by you. Help for Heroes reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
5. The Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply.
6. The Competition is open to persons of any age. Help for Heroes assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Competition. You may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Help for Heroes’ satisfaction that your parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
7. Help for Heroes reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. You acknowledge and agree that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Help for Heroes disqualifying you.
8. Any person that is an employee of Help for Heroes is not eligible to enter the Competition. Help for Heroes reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
9. In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition for any reason, Help for Heroes will select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
10. Entries must be made by e-mail to Help for Heroes by the closing date and in the manner set out in the Competition Description. Failure to do so will mean the entrant is ineligible.
11. All entrants to the Competition must be able to prove to Help for Heroes’ satisfaction that they have fundraised for the 2014 Colossal Cake Sale event run by Help for Heroes when they submit their photo, as more particularly described in the Competition Description.
12. You understand that photos entered for the Competition will not be returned to you after the Competition
13. The Judge of the Competition will be James Tanner or his authorised representative.
14. Since entries will be judged on artistic, creative or other subjective criteria, Help for Heroes reserves the right to set or amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
15. The Prize-winner will be chosen by the Judge and the Prize will be awarded to the person who the Judge considers has submitted the best entry using the judging criteria set out in the Competition Description. Help for Heroes will notify the Prize winner within 14 days of a decision. The Prize will be sent to the Prize winner within 30 days of being notified by such prize winner of the address to which the Prize should be sent. No Prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Help for Heroes in its sole discretion).
16. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Help for Heroes shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Help for Heroes and/or the Judge of the Competition.
17. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a Prize being unavailable for any reason Help for Heroes reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at any time.
18. Help for Heroes will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the Competition being fulfilled, a winner chosen, or the Prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by the winner of the Competition. Help for Heroes exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person’s entry in to the Competition or the award on non-award to them of the Prize.
19. Help for Heroes accepts no responsibility for entries to the Competition lost due to computer, system or server error in transit.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
20. You agree that Help for Heroes and/or Napier Brown a division of Renshawnapier Ltd may use your competition entry (Entry) (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Help for Heroes the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Help for Heroes and/or Napier Brown a division of Renshawnapier Ltd your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
21. Help for Heroes will use the name that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to you will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
22. If you are the chosen prize-winner you unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting the Prize) to the use of your name, your photograph and disclosure of your county of residence.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
23. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
24. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Copies of these Rules
25. A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Colossal Cake Sale Photo Competition, Help for Heroes, 14 Parkers Close, Downton Business Centre, Salisbury, Downton, SP5 3RB or by downloading and printing from this page.